Dubai: Residents are urged to visit their nearest branch for any residency and naturalisation applications in
order to avoid pressure on the residency head office, said a top official at the Ministry of Interior.
Major General Mohammad Ahmad Al Merri, Director-General of the General Directorate of Residency and Foreigners Affairs in Dubai (GDRFA), said that some 15 external centres operating under the residency department are operating all over Dubai to provide an easy and hassle-free service to the public.
Major General Al Merri said the GDRFA will increase the number of its external branches to cover all Dubai areas soon.
He said the 15 external service centres were spread across various commercial and residential areas in Dubai and applicants should go to their nearest centre to get the service required.
Article continues below
Major General Al Merri said the number of applications normally increased during the summer holidays when people travel a lot.
"The months of May, June and July are the peak seasons for us as many people visit our department for residency renewal, passport renewal, amendment of their statutes and for many other related applications which they have to do before going on vacation," he said.
Choice of branches
- Jebel Ali branch working hour’s 07:30-20:00 contact number 04-7075430
- Al Manar centre at Dubai Municipality branch on Shaikh Zayed Road, working hours 07:30-20:00 contact number 04-7075971
- Al Safa Clinic Centre in Al Safa, working hours 07:30-2:30 contact number 04-7075911
- Al Lisaili area Centre , working hours 08:00-18:00 contact number 04-7075290
- Al Khail Mall Centre on Al Khail Road, working hours 07:00-2:30 contact number 04-7075721
- Dubai Electricity and Water Authority Centre, working hours 07:00-20:00, contact number 04-7075915.
- Dubai Airport Free Zone, working hours 07:00-20:00, contact number 04-7075609
- Dubai Municipality Centre in Al Tuwar, working hours from 07:00-20:00, contact number 04-7075162
- Medical Fitness Centre at the medical fitness clinic, working hours 07:00-2:30 contact number 04-7075820.
- Arabian Plaza shopping mall in Mirdif / Al Mizhar , working hours 07:30-20:00 contact number 04-7075153.
- Bin Souqat Centre, Rashidiya working hours 07:00-20:00 contact 04-7075933
- Festival City Centre at Festival City, working hours 08:00-20:00 contact 04-7075261.
- Aamal Centre, Hyatt Regency Hotel, Deira, working hours 08:00-2:30 contact 04-2721383.
- DNATA Deira centre working hours 7:30-2:30 contact number 04-7075945
- Dubai Municipality Clinic Centre working hours 7:30-2:30 contact number 04-7075874.