Dubai is home to events of many kinds…
Dubai is home to events of many kinds - festivals, sporting events, and cultural happenings such as the Emirates Festival of Literature, and the Emirates Jazz Festival. There are almost a hundred annual events.
Some of the world's most iconic sports events take place in Dubai:
- Dubai World Cup
- The Dubai World Cup is the richest racing day in the world with a combined purse of USD 30,000,000.
- DP World Tour Championship
- The region's premier golf event brings the world's greatest golfers to Dubai each year
- Dubai Tour
- The region's most eagerly awaited cycling event is in its third year in 2016
- Dubai Duty-Free Tennis Championships
- Some of the tennis world's biggest names compete in the Dubai Duty-Free Tennis Championships.
Cultural Events Dubai is known for:
Emirates Airlines Dubai Jazz Festival
Started in 2003, this mainstream jazz event is now in its 13th year
Emirates Airlines Festival of Literature
The 2015 Festival of Literature brought together 37,000 lovers of the written word, and 140 writers and speakers from 25 countries
Dubai Shopping Festival
The Dubai Shopping Festival was first held in 1996 and is still the world's definitive shopping event, attracting shoppers from all over the world with its fantastic deals and activities.
A 5-month long extravaganza held from November to April with pavilions from 32 countries. Shopping, cultural events, fireworks, rides, food stalls and other attractions make for a rollicking time
Dubai hosts festivals and events throughout the year. To learn more about such festivals as the Dubai International Film? Festival and the Dubai Airshow and more, go to https://www.dubai.ae/en/Lists/Topics/DispForm.aspx?ID=36&category=Home or https://www.dubaicalendar.ae/en